Sunday 15 January 2012

Colour Challenge No 15 ...... Blue and Pink

Hi, today we have the start of a new colour challenge here at the Ribbon Girl blog. 

The challenge for January is to create a new project (please no backlinking) using the colours of pink and blue and we have two fabulous prizes for one randomly drawn winner.

The lovely girls at Lili Of The Valley are offering a £10 voucher to spend in the LOTV online store ...


... and we have a gorgeous prize of ribbons, lace, trim, flowers and buttons from the Ribbon Girl


As usual our rules are simple - create a new project using the colours of this challenge, blog about it mentioning our challenge then link us up using the InLinkz button at the bottom of this post. The challenge will run until January 28th at 9PM (UK time) when the winner will be chosen at random and we will also show the projects made by the 'I was top 3 at the Ribbon Girl Colour Challenge' badge winners.    Before we show you the beautiful projects that our Design Team have created  using various ribbons, lace, twine, buttons, charms, felt, flourishes and embellishments from the Ribbon Girl, we want to introduce our Guest Designer Lorraine 

How long have you crafted for?
I have been crafting since as long as I remember, hand sewing clothes for my dolls when I was really little but started cardmaking 5 years ago. I dabbled in cross stitch, pottery, glass painting, mosaics but then a cardmaking craft shop opened here and it was like a calling,,, I had found my niche :-)
What is your favourite type of card to make?

I don't have a favourite type really, I feel that I still have alot to learn and I will have a go at anything but I do think easel cards are extra special :-)
Your favourite colour combination to work with?
My favourite colour is blue but I love all colours and it really depends upon what the card need and what occasion/person it is for.
How often do you craft?
Every day unless I am away on holiday. I just LOVE it :-)
Do you have a tidy desk or a messy desk?
VERY messy, I did try to tidy it once and couldn't find anything so I gave up doing that ! :-)
Do you listen to music when you craft, and if so, what type?
Not really, but I should !! I have an ipod and don't know how to use it !! Will have to sort it out :-)
Do you prefer to buy the latest fashion 'must have' OR craft stash?
Oh craft stash every time ,,, I never even think about clothes now !! I live in jogging bottoms and when I 'dress up' it's usually jeans !
What is your favourite occasion to make a card for?
I think that would have to be New Baby :-) always sooo cute and such a happy occasion.
What type of crafts do you do other than papercrafts?
I mentioned a few earlier ,, but they have all taken a back seat ! I don't really do any other crafts now ,, there are always DT deadlines to meet ! :-)

... and here are Lorraine's gorgeous projects




The rest of the Design Team projects:







Claudia








Have fun, Mary and Andrea x




11 comments:

Jane said...

What amazing DT cards and projects here today. I just LOVE that darling Teddy. Blue and pink look great together, I hope I have a chance to join you in this great challenge,
Jane x

Mau xx said...

Hi Girls, Congratulations Lorraine, what beautiful work.
All the DT creations are wonderful with lots of inspiration. Love the colour theme too, off to play :))

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeoue cards and creations from the DT :-) I have to say I do LOVE the teddy bear ! SOOOO CUTE !! :-)

Thanks for inviting me along this month I am thrilled to have been asked :-)
Wishing you all the very best of luck with the challenge and the store ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

May said...

Beautiful cards from the DT Team, love the teddy x x x Hugs May x x x

inkydoodlecrafts said...

Stunning work by the DT, thanks for the challenge love the blue and pink colour scheme. Mel H :o)

Crafty Loops said...

Ohhhh I love this challenge. I hope its ok that Im not a card maker though. Ive submitted an altered box which I hope is ok. If not, please ignore my entry. Lee x

Papercrafting Beach Bum said...

Loved the color challenge. The design team inspiration was absolutely stunning. Loved the details on everything and those valentines with candy were an awesome idea!

Lisa Walsh @ www.papercraftbusiness.com said...

Thank you for a wonderful challenge. Love all the DT inspiration.
Lisa
http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com

I have blog candy if you're interested :)

Anita said...

Beautiful work by the DT.

Teresa said...

Brilliant DT cards again, thanks for the super challenge. xx

talha said...

Great working on these cards made them all beautiful, thanks for the challenge.


Plastic Card Holders
Plastic Card
Scratch Cards Printing